I’ve been obsessed with protein muffins lately. I found this amazing recipe, so that maybe you can share my obsession. Let us know what you think!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: about 30-33 minutes
- 1 scoop protein powder (neutral flavor works best, but you can try chocolate or vanilla.)
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp cocoa or carob powder
- 1 tsp xylitol (optional for sweetness) or a few drops of stevia
- splash of vanilla
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Scoop muffin batter into one large muffin pan. (If you do not have a large muffin pan then use regular size muffin pan but put muffin batter into two muffin liners.) Cook 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Enjoy!
Some might find this recipe to me a little dry, feel free to add in 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil or puree of some sort to help make it more moist. Just be forewarned about the extra calories that will add. You also might try adding carob chips to add a little crunchy chocolate taste!