So the other day I made this baked almond recipe that was pretty much amazing. We couldn’t stop eating them!!! Everyone loves those cinnamon/sugar coated almonds. Well, what if I told you that you could have them sodium and sugar free? That’s what this is!
It’s tough to find healthy snack foods to satisfy a sweet tooth. But this almond recipe does just the trick!
Follow the break for the recipe.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 4 cups whole (raw & unsalted) almonds
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/4 teaspoon Nu-Salt (It’s a sodium substitute that is made from potassium.)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Spray PAM over a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Mix the Splenda, Nu-Salt and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers.
They taste best after they’ve sat for a day or two. Best part: Each serving (1/4 cup) contains 7.8 grams of protein, 18 grams of GOOD fat, 4.2 grams of fiber, NO cholesterol, NO sugar, and NO sodium!!
If you’re looking for a healthy snack, it doesn’t get much better than this!